Saturday 24 January 2015

What a world we live in!



Each day something or someone can influence, shape and define who you are either positively or negatively. Be sure of who you are so that you will never ever let circumstances pull you down or change who you really are! You are worth far more than that my friends,
Ruth


What a world we live in!

Hi everyone

Today has been such a beautiful day here in Christchurch, a wonderful sunny, clear day.  

Sitting by the river, after jet boating, I looking around at the people nearby, some were chatting, others laughing but all enjoying themselves.  The warm sun shining down on the sparkling water, the cool breeze ruffling the branches of the trees my mind wandered…

I wondered who among those people nearby had suffered in some way or another…

I reflected upon my own experiences last year (2014) and how far I had overcome… 
how far I had grown and, how much stronger I am now.

Adult Bullying – that was my cross to bear!

How soul destroying it can be, but with support from those who love you, you can rise above it - the thing is to realize that bullying is done by small minded people who see in others something that they are not.

I have written about bullying in one of my short stories ('An Anthology of Three Women 2' – on Amazon). 


Sadly this is a worldwide, huge, problem not only within young children, teenagers but also adults. 

Bullying comes in all sorts of 'shapes and sizes' and affects boys and girls, men and women. I have spoken to numerous people who have experienced bullying and am amazed at how prevalent it is within adults, not only the workplace but within the home, especially in relation to elderly parents, and society as a whole.

Why destroy yourself and who you are, why become something you are not just to accommodate or please these people:

Do not let hurt or pain define you.
Do not let it shape the moments in your life.
Do not let someone else’s bitterness and jealous control your very being
and never ever let it become who you think you are!'

If you yourself become bitter and twisted because of such experiences, the perpetrators of such terrible acts have won!

 Do not take on board their jealousy, hatred and the maelstrom of cruelty that must be inside of them.

Instead, hold your head up high, walk in grace, dignity and beauty
just be the person whom God intended you to be and:

'For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone!'

Mahatma Ghandi once said, "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."

Oh yes… looking around I saw such beauty today, such love and delight!

What a world we live in!
Oh yes… there is so much beauty within our world yet so much ugliness too, 
that, to live happily we MUST only focus on this beauty and the good that is within so many people.

I vow to do that every day even though, some days it can be hard!

Go forth my friends and be in charge of your life, choose not to be a victim of circumstance and blame anything and others for how you feel,

but instead,

STAND TALL and choose to be the wonderful person that you really are and,

 BE the BEST that you can be.'

Ruth

Follow my inspirational blog – RuAnCa  http://ruanca.blogspot.co.nz




No comments:

Post a Comment