Friday 16 January 2015

Sign of great things to come!

Hi everyone

I am sitting at my desk looking out the window at the lovely warm sunny evening - how nice it is to experience these lovely nights - which lead me to reflect upon last night!  I had a call from my dear neighbour, about 9.10pm, who said, "Quick go and have a look at the double rainbow outside!". Sure enough going out into the backyard there was a magnificent dark blue, a huge bank of white cloud and two extremely bright wide rainbows.  Mum and I stood in awe at the beautiful sight - we are so fortunate here in Christchurch during summer to have long twightlights in the evening.  I reached out my hand as the rainbows looked so close to touch thinking how great it is to see such wonders - it seemed to be a sign of great things to come for the new year - I am believing it to be so!

Thanks to all those who have purchased my 'Anthology of Three Women' and I hope that you have enjoyed reading the short stories and the concepts that I am wanting to portray.  I am well on the way to writing 'An Anthology of Three Women 2' which deals with such topics as: the loss of a child; a woman who has to deal with bullying and; a teenage with a eating disorder - expect it in a couple of months (sooner I hope!).

Some of you have queried why my blogg name is RuAnCa -  well here goes... I chose it for two reasons firstly, the initials equal part of my name - Ru = Ruth, An = Anne and Ca = Caukwell and secondly when put together the second part sounds like 'anchor', i.e., AnCa and by putting my 'pet' name in front 'Ru' we get RuAnCa. 

I chose to go with RuAnCa as a blogg name as, the 'anchor' is synonymous with strenth and holding firm - very symbollic to me as through the winds of life there are times when we need an anchor to keep us grounded, when everything around us seems turbulent and hopeless but, if we have the strength to 'stand firm' the storm will pass and calm ascends!  I added 'Ru' in front of the 'AnCa'as this symbolises myself thus makes the 'anchor' very personal and meaningful.

I hope that all of you out there can find your own 'anchor' within the storms of life whether it be through self-reflection, assistance from others or whatever becomes your life line, until the storm passes.

Have a great week and do comment/tell others about my blogg!
Ruth





1 comment: