Wednesday 30 March 2016

Footprints....!

FOOTPRINTS......!

People talk about a CARBON FOOTPRINT
and
'they' talk about a GREEN FOOTPRINT
but
WHO talks about their PERSONAL FOOTPRINTS?

(Ruth Anne Caukwell)


The other day I went for a walk along the beach and a sea gull caught my eye - it was tugging at a huge clump of seaweed dragged up by the tide. 

As I moved closer I noticed the bird's footprints - evenly placed and going in a straight line, heading directly towards where it was now. 

The seagull definitely knew its goal so had gone steadfastly towards it, stepping neatly and decisively while on its journey.

 When I neared the bird it noticed me and immediately started running away - I watched it go and then stopped a little away off .

I stopped too as... something else had caught my eye!

 It was the seagulls FOOTPRINTS!

Instead of being evenly spaced and in a direct line they were now wider apart and deeper, their edges rough and haphazard!

I glanced again at the first set of prints and then again at the second - those where it was running from me and... I realized that they were telling me a story!

These FOOTPRINTS were telling not just a story about a bird at two points of time in its life but...
they were telling me a PERSONAL STORY of how that particular bird felt and acted during each moment!

Its FOOTPRINTS had left their imprint.... not only in time but also on me!

Thinking this I turned around and looked at...
my own footprints in the sand.

They were pretty even and straight, as I had been walking casually whilst making my way to the seaweed...

I knew where I was headed so had made my way there.

I thought for a moment and then started running and jumping before stopping and turning around again.

 WHAT DID I SEE?

My FOOTPRINTS were wider apart and deeper and where I had jumped they cut a very deep groove in the sand!

Wow... I had an aha moment!

I stood there and asked myself...

WHAT did my OWN PERSONAL FOOTPRINTS look like?

Had they been decisive and in a straight line or...

had they meandered through life not knowing where to go?

Had they cut deep and were they full of rough edges?

Had my steps left a positive or negative impression or... a mixture of both?

WHO and WHAT had been affected by my imprints in time?

Impossible questions to answer, as none of us really know:

Who we touch;

How we touch them and;

what is given or taken away as we keep in-step and,
 alongside and...
 past each person who COMES in and either passes through or, stays in our life

What about yourself?

What do your personal footprints say about you.....

what do they say about your life...

 ten years ago...

your last year....

your last month and...

your yesterday....?

What will your personal footprints look like from today as you walk into the future of your tomorrow?

What will they say about you as you leave each day and move on towards another?

What do you want them to say?

That choice is yours as only you can dictate your own path and the kind of footprints you leave behind!

Do not dwell on your past footprints as...
they have been washed away by the tide of life!

Do not dwell on whatever imprint they left as...
 they cannot be undone!

Instead....
walk forward and walk tall!

Walk with confident, straight and positive footprints...
and,
leave any deep, rough and negative footprints behind!


-----------------------------------------------------------

My dear friends
my hope for you all is... as you take each personal footstep, in your journey of life, that they will ...

Face the sun, alive and full of energy...
dance in harmony and love with others...
be courageous,
 and...
reflect  the truth of who you are!


Remember... the manner in which you walk through life  is your most important responsibility,
 as...
the FOOTSTEPS that you leave behind will tell your own personal story1



written in love 
Ruth 


---------------------------------------------------------------------


My first inspirational book - 'Musings of a Blogger - Inspirational Thoughts for Your Life's Journey', (Published in 2016) is available through Balboa Press:-
and Amazon


My Tumblr page - http://ruanca.tumblr.com/
My inspirational facebook page - www.facebook.com/ruthannecaukwell
World Wide Branding – VIP member - http://www.worldwidebranding.com/Ruth%20Anne-Caukwell
Top Female Executives, Professionals & Entrepreneurs



No comments:

Post a Comment